- People used to greet with “Did you have the dinner?”, now they say “Did you feel it(the shaking) last night?” instead.
- People used to care where their friends live, now they care on which floor do their friends live.
- People now always check carefully on the walls with a magnifier after every aftershock to make sure their house is safe.
- People now start to regard 2-floor as a very high place (to live)
- People now dislike those who always shake their legs.
- People now cannot bear with those who set their cell phones to vibration mode.
- People now are easy to get scared when their legs start to shake (even just ordinary shaking)
- People now feel very bad when the building is shaking. But after it stops shaking, people still worry about whether there would be another one. (No matter whether it is shaking, people are nervous)
- People served by CMCC swear to stop using CMCC while people served by China Unicom swear to stop using China Unicom. (CMCC and China Unicom are the only two mobile service provider in China, the mobile communication was not working for a very long time after the major quake in May 12)
- People now start to calculate how long will it take to run to the ground (from their rooms) as soon as they have nothing to do.
- People now start to carry a bag with the their most valuable belongings all the time.
- People now start to suspect themselves, and always ask each other, “Was there any shaking just now?”
- People now always try to stare at the glass of water every 5 minutes (to check whether there’s a shock).
- People now are very interested in Geography knowledge.
- People now are very interested in life instinct
- People now hesitates about whether to put off there shoes every time before they go to bed.
- People now are always in front of a TV or a PC Screen, watching the news though most of the news has already been broadcast weeks before.
Posted on by Jason Li